20 November 2006

Jesus Camp

First of all, I'd like to state that I am not in anyway related to any religious group, I do not believe in any other being beside myself and I respect all individuals who have found their faith somewhere.

Now, where should I start ...

I first watched this trailer a few months back on apple website, somehow gave me an unpleasant feeling, though I couldn't exactly describe it then, but I made a mental note to watch this film when it became available.

I have just watched it ... but it did not clear up my feelings at all, instead, I had this mixture of anger, disappointment, shock, frustration and saddness.

How could parents lead their children blindly onto this religious path at such a young age? I don't know. How could parents let others brainwash their children? I don't know. How could they stand there and watch the mental damage caused by so-called-savior and bible? I honestly do not know. The only guess I could think of is that themselves are so deeply trapped inside, they can no longer see clearly.

Regardless which religion you believe, you have no right whatsoever to take away the choices for your kids. It was an important stage in their growing up, they deserve the chance to try and taste the world, under the right guidance, they should decide which religion to follow if they want to follow at all. They should be given the chance to run around wild in the woods, play ball games on the lawn, eat ice cream and see wonderful colours, not a semi naked man hanging on a wooden cross! They should read manga, watch cartoon, listen to music and laugh out loud, because later on in life, they will not get another chance to enjoy life freely, so why stuff the most innocent part of their life with Christianity?

Becky mentioned very briefly about what Islamics were doing to their children, as if they were wrong and she is right. Who the hell on earth gave her the right to judge that? Why would she believe what TV says anyway? If there was a god and if he was as described in the bible, he would punish the ones who took others' choices away against their will.

I am so glad that I am not religious, it would really scare the hell out of me to not be able to see what I see today, to say what I want to say, and live a life under restraints of a mis-translated book from hundreds of years ago!

Religion itself is a propaganda, but we are not! Our brains have the ability to distinguish black from white, right and wrong, why give it all up? Wouldn't you think that is the most gracious gift god gave us?

Free those kids for god's sake!

No comments: